NEW in Cheese of Muswell Hill are Fresh Black Summer Truffles, also known as Scorzone. In season from July –September. When mature, the Italian Black Summer truffle is near black on the surface with a pale grey flesh and white marbling that does not change colour when exposed to air. It has a rich woodsy aroma with flavours of garlic, wild mushroom and earthy hazelnut undertones. Will make any dish stunning, especially thinly shaved over scrambled eggs or Tagliatelle. You can pre order in store or call us on 0208 444 9141. Please allow 72 hours for the order to be processed, as all truffles are fresh.
Later in the year we will have Black & White Truffles available.
Here are some of the ways we love to serve Black truffles.
BLACK TRUFFLE TAGLIATELLE
– Black Truffle 60gr
– Egg Black Truffle Tagliatelle 250gr
– White Butter 30gr
– Parsley 15gr
– 7 fillets of Anchovies
– 30gr of parmesan
– Mushroom stock
– half glove of galic
– black pepper
3 SERVINGS AS A MAIN COURSE
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Mince half of the truffles; set aside. (If using truffle pate, no need to divide up
- Heat the oil and butter in a large frying pan over medium heat until the butter foams. Add Black winter truffle slices, anchovies, garlic and black pepper and cook, stirring often, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Remove the pan from heat and set aside.
- Drop the fresh pasta into the boiling water and cook until al dente, about 2 minutes. Using tongs, transfer the pasta directly into the reserved frying pan. Add 1 cup of truffle stock or mushroom stock and toss over medium heat until the sauce thickens slightly and the pasta is coated, adding more mushroom stock by the tablespoon to reach the desired sauce consistency.
- Remove the pan from heat, add the parmesan and toss until the pasta is well coated. Taste and season with additional salt and black pepper and parsley as needed. Divide the pasta among 3 or 4 serving bowls and thinly shave or slice the remaining truffles over the pasta. Serve immediately.
BLACK TRUFFLE SCRAMBLED EGG
Truffles and eggs go together beautifully. Simple as it is, this is probably my favorite way to enjoy the delicate flavor of Summer Truffles – comfort food at it’s very finest.
4 large eggs, preferably free range
2 tablespoons heavy cream
2 tablespoons butter
salt & pepper to taste
6 slices rustic bread
1/2 oz fresh summer truffles
Order now on 0208 444 9141