- 1 bunch fresh marjoram, leaves picked
- 7 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 good handfuls rocket
- 1 bulb fennel, halved and very finely sliced
- 1 handful good-quality black olives
- 1 bunch lemon basil, leaves picked
- juice of ½ lemon
- 200 g goat’s cheese, crumbled
- 2 fresh red chillies, deseeded and finely sliced
Preheat your oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6.
Chop the marjoram leaves, or pound them in a pestle and mortar. Put them in a bowl with a tablespoon of olive oil and a pinch of pepper. Rub this mixture all over the goats’ cheese and bake in the preheated oven for around 10 to 15 minutes until nice and golden.
Toss the rocket, fennel, olives and lemon basil together in a bowl. Dress your salad with around 6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and just over half your lemon juice, and season. Divide over four plates and sprinkle over the crumbled goat’s cheese and sliced chilli … fantastic!