Cornflour – 15g
Manzilla Sherry – 30ml
Thyme – 2 sprigs
Garlic, bashed – 3 cloves
White wine – 500ml
Lemon juice – 20ml
English mustard powder – 5g
Pinch of ground cloves
- In a bowl, mix the grated cheeses with the cornflour.
- Bring the sherry to a simmer in a small saucepan over a medium-high heat. Add the thyme and garlic then remove from the heat and leave to infuse for 10 minutes. Strain and allow to cool.
- Bring the wine and lemon juice to the boil in a medium saucepan, and add the cheese, a handful at a time, whisking continuously until smooth and creamy.
- Add the infused sherry, mustard powder and ground cloves to the cheese and wine and continue to whisk until the fondue thickens.
- Transfer to a fondue pot and serve with cornichons, cubes of sourdough bread and crudités.source Recipe from: http://www.channel4.com/4food/recipes/chefs/heston-blumenthal/cheese-fondue-recipe